1 oz Epoxy Ding Repair Kit - This Epoxy Cures in minutes when exposed to the sun!
A faster method for repairing all types of surfboards, especially epoxy. Sun Cure® Fiberfill Epoxy is used straight from the tube, no mixing or adding cloth needed. Our proven formula is very UV stable and provides a permanent repair. Contains 1oz. SC Epoxy Fiberfilled resin, applicators and a 2 grade sanding pad.
Using Sun Cure™ fiberfill resin:
- Remove all moisture, loose particles and dirt from the repair area.
- Rough sand the surrounding area to allow resin a secure bond.
In the shade, apply the needed amount of Sun Cure™ to the repair with an application stick. Make sure to work out any air bubbles and form the resin to the repair.
- For flat surface or rail dings apply the clear plastic cover sheet over the resin to mold the surface and create a no-sand finish. (Note: Make sure to take each side of the cover sheet to hold in place.)
- Expose the repair to sunlight (If you can see a shadow, Sun Cure™ will work).
- Bright Sun: Gel 15 seconds – Full cure 4 to 6 minutes
- Partial Sun: Gel 25 seconds – Full cure 6 to 8 minutes
- Light Overcast: Gel 45 seconds – Full cure 12 to 20 minutes
- (Note: when using Sun Cure™ in intense summer sun, thick repairs may need to be taken in and out of the sun every minute to avoid excessive heat build-up to avoid cracking.)
- Make sure resin has completely hardened before removing the plastic coversheet or sanding. Sun Cure™ has a tack-free surface that will allow an easy sand finish.